Tuesday 15 July 2014

It's been a horrible week....

Well, where do I start?

- It's been a really difficult week for me as my dear old brother, John, passed away suddenly and quite unexpectedly last Sunday.  My drawing has virtually ceased for the time being, I just about managed to hold it together to sketch a bunch of pink roses in a vase over this weekend, but I've not really felt like doing anything much.  Apart from sorting out John's finances and estate, I've been left quite numb...


John was only 56.  He was not only my oldest brother, but probably the nearest thing I had as a best friend (apart from my wonderful wife Julie, who has been truly a rock to rely upon).   I used to see John anything from twice or three times a week, or at least fortnightly at other spells; and even then the being together was sprinkled with lots of phone calls in between.   There's going to be a huge hole in our lives and I'm only now, a week / ten days or so later, realising how big this hole will be.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to provide a comment, if you like something or don't like something, or there are errors, or you have additional observations or knowledge, it's all helpful to me - I always welcome feedback! - Thanks.