Tuesday 3 June 2014

Gallery Visits - Research

In compiling a list of galleries that I wish to visit over the forthcoming weeks and months, I've discovered a number of points that will make for interesting and stimulating reviews.

A great place for me (or anyone else) to start this (crusade!), is here>>   Art Museums in the UK

I had intended that my first independent gallery visit will be to the Tate - Liverpool.  However, as I am given to understand that there will be a new exhibition there of Mondrian's workshop (from 6th June to 5th October), then I shall hold off for a few weeks until the new exhibition opens.

So, the most local Galleries to start with will be the Sheffield series, starting off with a visit to the Milennium Gallery, a purpose built Contemporary Art edifice, in the heart of "Steel Town".   It look like I can also incorporate a further drawing lesson while I'm there too as there is still some space on their Life Drawing course over the summer.  - Looking forward to this one!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to provide a comment, if you like something or don't like something, or there are errors, or you have additional observations or knowledge, it's all helpful to me - I always welcome feedback! - Thanks.