Thursday 11 September 2014

A few more reflections from sketches from Peebles / Selkirk & Northumberland...

Well, I've been back doing the usual admin today and generally tidying up both mine and my late brothers financial affairs.  It's  easy to come back to the real world again from a holiday, however I think we can all benefit from practising some creative art form, as any nice memories are so much more cemented and crystallized if one tries to capture these magical moments through drawing or painting.



I looked at a few of the simple line sketches I made whilst on our little sojourn in the northern latitudes, - there's no doubt in my mind that a drawing or a painting is far more rewarding than a hard disk or DVD of instant photographs, which from my own experience, often contains images that are snapped and then forgotten. I thoroughly recommend to anyone who is considering taking up creative arts to start drawing!  Well, that's the broadcast over, here are some more reflections from the last couple of weeks.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to provide a comment, if you like something or don't like something, or there are errors, or you have additional observations or knowledge, it's all helpful to me - I always welcome feedback! - Thanks.