Thursday 25 September 2014

Final Blog for the Summer, - Back to Academic Study

Yesterday was my first day back at the University of Huddersfield and I'm delighted to say that the first engagement project for the new semester is based on Drawing Transformations.  I have read so much during the vacation about artistic practice, how the great masters developed their own practice, and how important the core skill of drawing is, in preparing a foundation for all art.  Imagine my further delight in finding out that our new course leader (Mr James Pyman, - see http://www.maureenpaley.com/artists/james-pyman/  is himself, principally concerned with Drawing as his own practice.  So, it seems that I've been doing the right thing over the holidays by trying to extend and improve this vital skill.

So, now that the new semester has started again, I shall start a new blog to encompass the academic training, which conveniently can be found here....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to provide a comment, if you like something or don't like something, or there are errors, or you have additional observations or knowledge, it's all helpful to me - I always welcome feedback! - Thanks.